The 14th World Rural Health Conference has a packed program of national and international presenters.
Unconventional Conventions will be attending the International WONCA conference with a stall featuring details of all the Unconventional Conventions 2017 and 2018 conferences. Please drop by to say hello and to collect a brochure.
The WONCA conference will be a great opportunity to hear the following keynote speakers:
Prof Amanda Howe: A practising family doctor, an academic professor, and a national and international leader in family medicine. Amanda Howe took office as WONCA president in Rio, in November 2016.
- Mr James Campbell: Director of the Health Workforce Department at the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Executive Director, of the Global Health Workforce Alliance (GHWA).
- AProf Bruce Chater: Medical Superintendent with Right of Private Practice in Theodore, Qld, and Chair of the Statewide Rural and Remote Clinical Network.
- Prof Ian Couper: Director of the Ukwanda Centre for Rural Health and Professor of Rural Health, Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
- Ms Mayara Floss: Undergraduate student of medicine at the Federal University of Rio Grande (FURG) in Brazil.
- Dr Shannon Nott: the District Medical Officer for Western NSW Local Health District.
- Dr Molly Shorthouse: Chair of RDAA's NT division and co-chair of the Northern Australia Remote Hospital's Network.
- Prof Alistair Woodward: Head of the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of Auckland.
- Dr Mark Wenitong: Public Health Medical Advisor and senior medical officer, at Apunipima Cape York Health Council
#ruralWONCA includes four days of presentations covering themes relevant to rural and remote practice, and hands-on workshops with experts in the field. Don't miss out: register now.