Convention Travel provides travel agency services exclusively to Unconventional Conventions delegates.
Through Convention Travel we are able to deliver a tour program which provides a truly special and unique experience in a chosen location, with a perfect mix of conference, sight-seeing, cultural activities and free time.
Each Unconventional Conventions conference has a dedicated travel agent who book and manage all aspects of the travel program. Convention Travel agent staff will contact delegates after a registration has been received to confirm the booking and to arrange the travel program from your home city.
Ms Gill Young
Gill is a senior travel consultant for Convention Travel, Unconventional Conventions’ in-house travel agency. She owned and ran a very successful travel business in Wollongong for 25 years. She sold the business and after a year in retirement, joined Convention Travel in 2008. She has brought a vast range of skills and knowledge about all aspects of travel, destinations and tourism to Convention Travel. Her enthusiasm, professionalism, eye for detail and sparkling personality enhance the travel experience for delegates.
Some little facts about Gill
1. She has a dog called Ruby and a cow called Caramel
2. She lives on a farm near Canberra
3. She is the shopping queen
4. She is passionate about travel and has been to over 100 countries (and counting)
Mrs Michelle Sutton
Michelle joined Convention Travel in August 2011. She worked in retail travel in the 90s leaving the industry to have children and to help her husband in starting their own business. As well as managing 2 conference a year, Michelle is also the company book-keeper and accounts manager for Convention Travel. She is essential to smooth operation behind the scenes to provide the best service to delegates.
Some little facts about Michelle:
1. She wakes at 4am to drive her daughters to swimming training
2. She lives on a small property just outside of Canberra
3. She is a qualified swim coach
4. She has a great sense of humour
Ms Jo Ainscough
Jo joined Convention Travel in May 2017. She has worked in travel for over 30 years including working independently as a travel consultant. Jo works from a home office in Sydney.
Some little facts about Jo:
1. She has one daughter who is currently in high school
2. She loves running on the northern beaches
3. She loves cooking
4. Jo's favourite travel destination is the Mediterranean